Battery Backup For Power Recliner
If you own a lift recliner chair, a massager recliner chair, or you are thinking of purchasing one, it is essential to always look for a proper battery backup for your power recliner. Your battery backup for a power recliner can come in handy when your lift recliner chair or lazy boy recliner suddenly goes out of power due to a power outage or interruption in the electricity supply. If you have the battery at hand, you can use your power recliner for up to many hours if it is fully charged.
A long-lasting and good-quality battery backup fully charges in 2 to 3 hours and will give you an entire month’s use. If you are looking for a good quality battery backup for power recliners, you should keep reading to find out our best picks and guidelines on what to look for in a battery backup before purchasing it.
Features to look out for
The first thing you should consider is the quality of the battery backup you are buying. Look for reviews from customers who have already purchased the battery you are thinking of buying. Next, you should ensure that the battery backup is compatible with your power recliner because different battery backups are compatible with specific recliners. Finally, ensure that the transformer and power cable are adaptable with your choice of battery backup. For example, you could choose between a battery backup with a flat connection tip or one with a round tip.
What is a power recliner?
A power recliner is designed for the user’s optimal comfort experience while providing different additional features that the user can enjoy while reclining. A power recliner uses electricity to function. Therefore, the user can not use it if the power goes out unless he has a battery backup that allows him to continue enjoying his recliner experience. Many power recliners come with their own inclusive battery backup pack, but it is recommended that you buy a separate one that is higher quality compared to the original one.
Some of the best battery backup packs
We have compiled a list of the best battery backup packs for you. Go through the list to find out which battery backup pack will be compatible with your recliner.
Staigo makes its battery pack and adapter separately, and both are used in supplying power to your electric recliner. Once the Staigo battery pack is fully charged, it will last for about a month before you will need to charge it again. It takes a voltage input of 24V-35V and gives an output of 25.9V. The Staigo battery will fully charge if you plug it in for 3 hours. However, the battery backup pack will only support the reclining function of your recliner chair and not the additional features it comes with. Also, if your battery backup pack vibrates or makes a buzzing sound, you need to charge it. You do not need to worry about overcharging your battery because it has overcharge protection features.
HM Leaf Okin
The HM Leaf Okin battery includes a power supply, a backup battery, and a transformer. It also provides motor and power cords that are useful for power recliners like the lift chair. The motor connection uses a two-pin, flat, and round fit for all sockets.
The Ponker backup pack is compatible with almost all power recliner adapters, including lift chairs and electric sofas, which have a two-pin and round fit connection to the motors. This battery backup pack takes an input of 100 to 240 volts and outputs about 29 volts of voltage. In addition, it includes a power cord and a magnetic ring which will not cause radiation and lasts for a longer time. Another great thing about the Ponker battery backup pack is that it comes with clear instructions for the user to understand how it functions and how he can charge it.
How to operate the battery backup
- Start by connecting the plugs on the battery backup pack into the transformer slots in your power recliner.
- Plug the battery backup and transformer into a power socket, preferably 120 volts.
- The light on the battery backup pack should flash red when you are charging it, and it will turn green once it is completely charged.
- Now, unplug the transformer from the socket and remove the battery from it.
- Once the battery is fully charged, plug it in your power recliner through the power cable to use it.
- Your battery backup should last you for a month before you need to charge it again.
- When you are not using your battery backup pack, you should keep it in a dust-free spot to keep it clean and protected.
- Keep the battery in a dry place and avoid damp spots that could spoil it.
- Please keep it away from the reach of children.
Maintenance & Energy Saving Tips For Power Recliners
Powered recliners are a great addition to any home, providing comfort and convenience. They’re also very durable, with an average lifespan of around 10-15 years. However, it won’t last nearly as long if you don’t take good care of your power recliner or its battery backup.
Here are some maintenance and energy-saving tips to help you get the most out of your investment:
- Keep the batteries charged: Most powered recliners use a battery backup system to raise and lower the footrest and recline the chair back. This means that if there’s a power outage, you’ll still be able to use your recliner.
- Switch off the power when you’re not using it: Even though powered recliners are very efficient, they use a small amount of electricity when left on standby. To save energy (and money), switch off the power at the wall when you’re not using your chair.
- Don’t over-recline: It’s tempting to flop back in your chair and watch TV all day, but this can strain the motors unnecessarily. Try to limit your reclining to a few hours at a time, and give the motors a break from time to time.
- Keep it clean: Regularly vacuum or dust your power recliner to keep dirt and debris from clogging up the moving parts. It’ll also help prevent any unsightly marks or stains.
- Get it serviced: Just like any other furniture or electrical appliance, your power recliner will benefit from a yearly service. This will ensure that all the moving parts are lubricated and working properly.
Frequently asked questions
Can you put a battery pack on a recliner?
Yes, most recliners come with battery packs that can help operate the recliner in case of a power outage. However, for some models, you may have to buy a battery pack separately.
Can I use my recliner’s additional features with a battery backup?
If you own a battery backup for a power recliner, it will allow you to enjoy the reclining experience even during a power outage. However, the usage of the battery backup is limited because it does not support the additional features such as the reading light, massager, and heating pads of your recliner.
How long does a battery backup pack last?
The average lifespan of a battery backup pack is between 1.5 to 3.5 years or 300 to 1000 charge cycles. Of course, these factors depend on your battery backup pack’s quality and battery capacity.
Can I use my battery pack while it is charging?
It is highly recommended to wait for the battery to charge fully before using it. Once your battery is fully charged, disconnect it from the power source and connect it to your power recliner. Please do not use the battery while it’s charging.
Why does my battery need to be charged frequently?
Your battery might need frequent charging because you are not using it correctly. Ensure that you fully charge your battery before using it. In addition, the frequency of charging your battery also depends on how much you are using it.
Why is my battery not powering my recliner?
Your battery might not be powering your recliner because you may be connecting it to your recliner’s motor lead. If your power recliner has more than one motor, you need to join the battery to the main lead. However, you might get confused between the motor and the main lead and thus connect your battery wrong.
Where should I place my battery backup pack when it’s not in use?
It would be best to place your battery backup pack away from any moving parts. Placing it under your furniture is a good idea because you can easily reach for it whenever you need it.
You can now enjoy your power recliner during a power outage, all thanks to battery backup packs that allow you to continue using your recliner when electricity is interrupted. Almost all power recliners come with a standard battery backup pack; however, it is recommended that you buy a higher quality battery backup that will last you for a long time. For example, if you buy a good quality battery backup and fully charge it, it should last you a month before needing to be charged again.
1 thought on ldquo;Battery Backup For Power Recliner”
my old recliner battery backup used 9 volt battery just replaced once a year are those available