How To Clean A Recliner That Was Peed On?
Did your furry friend make a mess on your new recliner? Or, perhaps you’re dealing with some stains on your recliner that smell like pee. Don’t worry! You can easily clean a recliner that was peed on with some simple household supplies.
However, before you start cleaning, it’s important to consider a few things, like the material of your recliner and the severity of the stains. Once you’ve considered these factors, follow the steps below to clean your recliner and eliminate any lingering smells.
What You’ll Need:
- Paper towels or rags
- Baking soda
- Upholstery Cleaner
- Vacuum Cleaner
Read also Best Extra Large Recliners.
- Remove any surface dirt or debris from the recliner with a paper towel or rag. If there are any pet hairs on the recliner, use a vacuum cleaner to remove them.
- Create a cleaning solution by mixing water, baking soda, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Dip a clean rag into the cleaning solution and use it to wipe down the entire surface of the recliner.
- Do a patch test on a small, hidden area of the recliner to make sure the cleaning solution won’t damage the fabric.
- If the patch test is successful, continue using the cleaning solution to wipe down the rest of the stain.
- Blot the urine stain instead of rubbing it, as this will help to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Blot the recliner with a clean, damp cloth and allow it to air dry.
- Repeat the above steps if necessary.
If the stain is still visible after cleaning, you may need to use an upholstery cleaner specifically designed to remove pee stains.
If nothing else works, it’s best to consult a professional upholstery cleaning service. They’ll be able to remove the stain without causing any damage to your recliner.