Do you have a broken recliner cable? Or are you planning to replace your old one with a new one? Either way, you will need to know how to measure a recliner cable.
There are two ways to measure a recliner cable. The first way is to measure the overall length of the cable. The second way is to measure the distance between the two endpoints of the cable. Here’s how you can do it!
Right Way To Measure A Recliner Cable:
1. To get an accurate measurement, it is best to use a tape measure.
2. Start by measuring the overall length of the cable. This is the distance between the two endpoints of the cable.
3. Once you have the overall length, you can measure the distance between the two endpoints of the cable. This will give you accurate measurements of the cable.
4. When measuring the distance between the two endpoints of the cable, make sure to measure from the center of each point. This will give you the most accurate measurement.
5. Once you have the measurements, you can then determine which size cable you need.
Replacing A Recliner Cable
- First, you’ll have to uninstall the old cable.
- Tip the sofa forward and pull the arm back.
- The tail of the cable is attached to a hook, and it may be removed on the opening.
- Then, spot the plastic clips holding the cable and remove them
- Turn the sofa over and remove its handle.
- Remove the handle that holds the cable’s tail and hook.
Installing The New Recliner Cable
Assuming you have the correct sized cable, you can now proceed with the installation process.
- Feed the new wire through the hole in the handle you just removed.
- Put the handle back to its original position. Then, pull the other end of the cable through the dust cover.
- Reinstall the handle once the cable is secured.
- Move the sofa to its upright position.
- Finally, secure the plastic clips back and hook the cable tail.