Lazy Boy Sofa Recliner Parts: The Complete Guide With Diagrams
You are the owner of an awesome recliner but don’t understand how to assemble it or adjust its glide? This article will help you out with this problem!
Recliner armchairs are awesome pieces of furniture. It is comfortable, affordable, and creates an atmosphere. However, the biggest drawback of this furniture is the fact that only one person can use it at once. Lazy boy sofa recliner is here to change that!
In this article, I will discuss how to adjust a sofa, how to assemble it, and others that can be really useful. I hope that this material will be useful for you!
Motion Sofa Glide Adjustment Instructions
The goal of adjusting the glides ensures that the armchair possesses a clear path for the leg rest to operate. Each glide is attached to the base rail by one jam nut and one lock washer on top of the base rail. Besides, there is one jam nut on the bottom of the base rail. Let’s consider what you need to do to adjust motion sofa glide.
- I recommend you loosen the upper jam nut by rotating clockwise. This will help you to extend the glide. After that, you need to turn the lower jam nut clockwise, allowing you to adjust the high according to your desires.
- Tighten the upper jam nut by rotating it counterclockwise.
- Repeat steps one and two for each adjustable glide on the unit
Motion Sofa 3-position Legrest Operating Instructions
The lazy boy recliner sofa is a remarkable piece of furniture, but it is not easy to operate. Here I want to give you comprehensive instructions on operating such a unique armchair.
Operating the legrest
Your motion sofa is equipped with a three-position locking legrest. This allows you to customize the legrest to your liking. All you need to do is pull on the handle rotating it counterclockwise to control the legrest . I recommend you use the following positions for maximum comfort.
- The 1st position will be perfect that like spend their time reading books while sitting on a recliner.
- The 2nd position will be great for television viewers.
- The 3rd position is fully extended for complete relaxation. To lower the legrest, rotate the handle counterclockwise to the fully extended position, then rotate clockwise to the fully closed position.
You can recliner the sofa while the legrest is closed or extended. Applying pressure to the back will help you to recline. Besides, you can sit upright to return the back to an upright position.
Motion Sofa Reclining Tension Adjustment Instructions
You can adjust the tension of the reclining mechanism. The manufacturer did this so every person could adjust their recliner sofa according to their liking.
- Please get started by gently tilting the reclining sofa forward to rest on its arms and top of the back. After that, you will need to locate the wing nuts, one on each side, toward the back of the recliner under each reclining seat (FIGURE 1).
- Adjust the tension by turning the wing nuts in 1 ⁄4-turn increments until the desired setting is reached.
- I recommend increasing the reclining tension if you are tall or just a heavy person. You can do this by tightening the wing nuts clockwise.
- On the other hand, it will be better for a smaller person to decrease the reclining tension. You can do this by loosening the wing nuts counterclockwise.
- 3. Return the reclining sofa to the upright position. Test the new setting. Make additional adjustments if needed, repeating these steps
How To Assemble A Motion Sofa Recliner?
In this section, I want to discuss how you can assemble a motion sofa recliner.
Install the backs
Start with laying the back on the seat. You will need to lift the back slightly and align the brackets inside the back with the brackets on the body (4). After that, lower the back onto the body, and it is essential to ensure the back and body brackets are entirely engaged.
I recommend you lift the back upholstery cover to ensure that you’ve installed everything correctly. It is a crucial step, so I urge you to read my article about how to install a recliner back or contact your local La-Z-Boy recliner dealership.
Place units in the desired location
This section is rather apparent. All you have to do is just place units in the desired location. That’s it
Your recliner sofa should come with adjustable gliders. You can find it out on units with metal base rails. Each glide is attached to the base rail by one jam nut, one lock washer on top of the front attachment bracket or base rail, and one jam nut on the bottom of the base rail (5). Loosen the jam nut located on top of the front attachment bracket or base rail.
After that, turn the glide clockwise while holding the top jam nut. This will help you to raise the unit. After that, tighten the bottom jam nut to the base rail, then pull the top jam nut to the lock washer on top of the front attachment bracket. I highly encourage you to make sure both jam nuts are tight, and this will prevent the bracket from rotating on the base rail.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully assembled a motion sofa chair! The whole process is long but not that difficult. Feel free to reach out if you have any problems with this process. I will be glad to help you out!
However, I encourage you to call your local recliner dealership if you have any difficulties with this process. I’m begging you to take this process seriously because you can easily damage your limbs, or your recliner is not assembled correctly.
2 thoughts on “Lazy Boy Sofa Recliner Parts: The Complete Guide With Diagrams”
My name is
donnie and I need the parts diagram and the instruction on replacing the plastic lift unit on a lazyboy electric recliner style number P10512
The external lifting tab that activates the recliner function on my sofa recliner has broken. Is this a replaceable part that can be installed DIY?
Lazboy sofa recliner