There are many different recliners available on the market. But all types of recliners can be divided into two main categories: manual recliners and electric recliners. As the name suggests, manual recliners do not need electricity to work. All you need to do is push a little against the backrest for it to recline. However, power recliners require a source of electricity through which the motors work. The backrest is made to recline using a button that is pressed according to how much you want the back seat to recline. Therefore, such recliners are called power recliners.
Power recliners have many benefits compared to manual recliners. Some of these benefits include:
- Being able to stop the recliner’s movement at any given time you want
- Not having to use force to get the backrest to recline
- The recliner will stop all movement right when the button is pressed
- Best for older people or people with mobility issues
Now power recliners are divided into three main types: single power recliner, dual power recliner, and triple power recliner. To understand dual power recliners better, let us tell you a little about single power recliners.
A single power recliner is the most basic kind of power recliner that uses a single motor to activate the recline feature in the furniture. Both the head and foot recliners recline simultaneously.
Dual power recliners
Dual power recliners take it a step ahead in providing you with the maximum relaxation experience. Unlike single power recliners, dual power recliners use two motors for optimal comfort. One motor works to control the recliner’s headrest, while the second motor works to control the recliner’s footrest.
The advantage of two motors is that you can have different settings for both the recliner’s headrest and footrest since they will not be moving simultaneously. You can control their movements by pressing a button on the armrest, or some dual power recliners also come with a remote that helps you control your recliner.
Benefits of a Power Recliner
A power recliner is a great option for anyone looking for a little extra comfort and support when relaxing or watching television. Here are just a few benefits of choosing a power recliner:
- You can easily adjust the position of the sofa to find your perfect comfort level. Whether you want to sit up straight, recline all the way back, or somewhere in between, it only takes a push of a button to find your perfect position.
- The built-in massage function can help to soothe aches and pains. You can enjoy a relaxing massage that targets your back, neck, or legs with just a few simple clicks.
- A power recliner can be a great choice for people with mobility issues. If you have trouble getting in and out of a traditional sofa, a power recliner can make it much easier. You can simply push a button to sit up or recline, and the chair will do all the work for you.
Other Types of Power Recliners
If you’re planning to buy one, you may want to look at the other types of power recliners on the market. Below, I’ve mentioned the most popular options besides dual power recliners.
Single Power Recliners:
These are the standard type of recliners that usually come at low price tags. They operate on a single motor, meaning you can simultaneously recline the chair and footrest. The parts of the chairs will not have an independent mechanism.
This type of recliner also comes with a straightforward control system. Most of the time, a wired remote will be attached to the side of the chair arm. And all you have to do is push a single button to get all the comfort that you desire.
Triple Power Recliners:
As the name suggests, these recliners will have three motors to control different sections of the chair. They come with independent controls for lifting the footrest, reclining the headrest and providing back support. So, you can adjust each section according to your needs.
They usually have more sophisticated features, hence can be pricey. But, if you want a recliner that’ll give you the ultimate relaxation, this is the one for you.
When buying a recliner, keep in mind that you are investing in a piece of furniture that would last you for decades, so choose according to your current needs and analyze what your needs could be in the future. Dual power recliners are proven to work smoothly with better control mechanisms. They also provide a more top-notch relaxing experience than manual recliners, where the headrest and footrest always move simultaneously.